As I have found to be usual from this company, the pattern worked perfectly and created an ideal period silhouette. The only modification I made was to attach the chest padding (which I made from wool from a heavy military blanket) rather than making it detachable- but this was just a matter of personal preference. My interfacing was cotton twill which did the job nicely and created clean, crisp lines. I wound up using polished cotton for the back, common in the period- Regency Revisited happened to have the perfect thing on hand:
And I used a reproduction ca. 1850 print cotton from Windham Fabrics for the lining:
The more thoroughly I delve into the 1840s, the more at home in it I feel. I highly recommend this pattern!
The Victorian Man